Available Paintings on Etsy

Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Nights...



"Summer Nights," 10"x 12", oil on stretched canvas,
(SOLD,thank you!!)

Someday I will throw a fabulous summer party like the one I painted here...but for now I will just have to dream a little dream :o)....I will need to replace the photo tomorrow as I ran out of summer sunlight this evening! Have a great weekend!
(*Update: Replaced the photos and some AWESOME news to share!
I finally reconnected with my art teacher from high school after almost 20 years!, Mrs. June Fox...I was able to let her know that I am now a full-time artist and thanked her for all her support and encouragement back then! I know I would not be where I am today had it not been for her believing in me! Teachers are the best! :o)

17 comments:

  1. How wonderful! The lantern lights look firefly-fueled! Midsummer nightsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just absolutely LOVELY! Every single detail deserves a celebration in its honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful! I want to come to that party! Everything has such a summer glow to it.
    Well done Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love summer partys so much.
    Will you sent me an invintation?
    Nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! I was hoping it would kind of have a bit of a 'magical' feel to it with the glow from the fairy lights...someday I will throw such a lavish affair!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to pop back for another peek of the painting! "Magical" truly covers it, doesn't it?! Thanks, again and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny (as is your blog :o) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to come to a party that looked this wonderful! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that looks like something I would love to attend! lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous ! Where is my chair ?

    with love, Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!...and I love your name Elise...my middle name is Elisa!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one! So much detail. The laterns are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kate!I really enjoyed painting this one...just wish I could throw such a glamourous affair!One of these days I will!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl==

    Sorry-I've been out of commission -- terribly sick for over a week-- but do you want to know how I cut my grocery bill in half? go to Cut your grocery bills now plus I have a give a way and a new Mr Linky party starting tomorrow but Mr Linky will be up by 8 p.m. tonight.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your feeling better Cheri, I had read about it on your blog :o( Very scary! I will keep you in my prayers and will check out those links! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh your paintings are totally adorable.

    I 've just noticed the last comment .... hope everything is ok.

    Take care
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete