Available Paintings on Etsy

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rainy Day in Paris, Rainy Day in Michigan...


(close up view)

8"x10", oil on stretched canvas,(SOLD)



I was a bit bummed out yesterday as I had hoped to get a good photo of this piece that I have been working on for the past 2 days, but of course it was raining here in Michigan...as cold and dreary as dreary can be. But then it hit me, how fitting it was that it was raining as this piece is centered around Gustave Caillebotte's "Paris Street; Rainy Day". I had a bit of a chuckle and listed it on Etsy anyway. I just replaced the photo, although it still is a bit warmer in tone than what may appear, paintings always look better in real life!I also do commission work, so if there is a painting you might like a study done of feel free to drop me an email!

3 comments:

  1. Looks quite lovely to me as is. Also like the shoes as little farther down.
    Welcome to my following friends as I see your little stamp today. Hope you enjoy your visit and I in turn look forward to seeing more of your work.

    Blessings,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks so much for being a blog gal pal! You are sooo talented, had a look at etsy, nice work by Anna too!
    take care :)
    left comment at mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this is amazing and a theme after my own heart! You are so talented and I love your work. I'm sending some California sunshine your way!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete