Available Paintings on Etsy

Monday, January 18, 2010

Viewing Mary Cassatt's 'Children Playing with a Dog', Master Portrait Study in Oil

 
 (Viewing Cassatt's 'Children Playing with a Dog'
6"x 6", oil on stretched canvas,
available on etsy )

This is a 6"x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas with the edges painted black
(can be hung as is, no need for framing) depicting a little girl and her Yorkie viewing
Mary Cassatt's "Children Playing with a Dog." Amazing to think that Cassatt's painting went for $6.2 million at Christie's Auction House in 2007!

(**Note: This piece is more vibrant, colorful, & detailed than what may appear! :)


4 comments:

  1. A painting within a painting. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I absolutely love to do portrait studies...I think I become a better painter by studying how the masters approached different subject matter...I only hope with this piece I did Mary Cassatt some justice!Love her work!

    ReplyDelete