Available Paintings on Etsy

Monday, September 7, 2009

Abby & Ivy, Sheltie Sisters...Painting in Oil

"Abby & Ivy," 18"x 24"  (nfs, private commission)


I'll need to get a better photo of this piece as soon as the sun makes an appearance today, but I think I am finished. I ended up removing what was a bannister from a porch on the right of the painting because it just didn't seem to add anything to the composition and may have, in fact, been a bit distracting. I wanted the focus to be on Abby & Ivy, so I also lightened up the background a bit. Overall I am really pleased with how this piece turned out! Both these girls are such beautiful dogs, it's been a pleasure having them spend some time with me in my studio :)
(*Update: I replaced the photo, although I still feel the piece looks much more vibrant in person :)

6 comments:

  1. This one is really great. I know the owner will just love it!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, they are just adorable dog's, great painting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful dogs. Just like pretty Lassies come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lara! I'm popping in to thank you for following my blog! You are very talented and your work is so lovely! I love animals and have enjoyed looking at your beautiful paintings!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!I'm happy to report that the customer is thrilled with the piece which is music to my ears!:)

    ReplyDelete