Available Paintings on Etsy

Friday, July 10, 2009

Tea on the Patio, Still Life Painting in Oil

Tea on the Patio, 8"x10", oil on stretched canvas
(SOLD,thank you!!)

This is a piece I have been working on the past few days...it was actually taken from a photo I snapped of someone's porch chairs, I suppose I could have created a porch painting, but with it being summer I thought a patio was much more fitting.


I replaced the photo today as I realized last night I forgot to add the stems in the hydrangea floral, and I added a bit to the potted flowers...the blue still does not seem to show its true color, it is more of a cobalt on the teacups and periwinkle on the flowers in the foreground, the pink on the flowers is a richer shade of pink...the painting is much more vibrant in person....Paintings always look better in person, I promise! :o)

12 comments:

  1. How sweet & beautiful! I love this.
    xo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's not the best photo, I'm hoping we will get some sun tomorrow and I can get a better shot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of mum, she has that porch set too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love the detail in the chairs. Like the idea of patio rather than porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful little scene. I want to step into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very pretty to me. I've always love those purple/blue flowers that are cascading from the flower pot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm still not so thrilled with the photo however...the piece is much more colorful in person :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lara, I am so honoured you have added me on to your blog page you have put a huge smile on my face today :) I love your patio picture, it's so beautifull I would love to be sat there drinking tea Elaine:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this painting is absolutely gorgeous!! So feminine and elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely and beautiful painting.great blogs indeed.

    ReplyDelete