Available Paintings on Etsy

Monday, February 15, 2010

Woman in Blue Rhinestones-Original OIL Painting by LARA

 
  
"Woman in Blue Rhinestones," 6"x6",
oil on stretched canvas,(available on etsy)

I have to share something kinda funny, while painting this piece I could not stop getting the song, "Isn't She Lovely," by Stevie Wonder out of my head! It must be the rhinestone dress or perhaps her elegant pose...and I think she resembles Ashley Judd just a little. (*as a sidenote, if you've never seen the movie 'Simon Birch' in which Ashley appears, it really is a must see...a bit of a tear jerker for sure, but it's one of those movies that really touches your heart...the young actor who played Simon was just incredible, a true inspiration for us all I reckon :)
(**And THANK YOU to everyone who has entered the Flea Market Style Magazine Giveaway below & for all of the wonderful comments! I can't wait to see the Premier Issue myself! Still waiting for my copies to arrive from the editor! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you!Not the greatest photos as it's a typical grey day here in Michigan, but hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow...come what may :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty painting :-) And I can see a bit of Ashley Judd in her face :-) Love the blues and purples that you used.

    Now I have Isn't She Lovely in my head too!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, she does look like Ashley Judd. A beautiful painting.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete